news_story_hero_image

Haseley Manor

We are so fortunate to be part of the Haseley Manor project manufacturing and restoring the staircases for Spitfire Bespoke Homes.

 

Haseley Manor

Architecture

The house was built from 1875 to 1878, to designs by the architect William Young, for Alfred Hewlett, a coal merchant from Lancashire. It has walls of rock-faced stone and plain tile roofs, and is in the Gothic and Elizabethan styles, including a Gothic turret. It has been Grade II listed since January 1987, giving it legal protection from unauthorised alternations or demolition.

In 1930, the house was acquired by the Birmingham Society for the Care of Invalid Children, and put to use as a convalescent home and hospital school for girls. It was then purchased by Birmingham Education Authority] and, from 1941, became Haseley Hall Residential Open-Air School For Boys, and was used as a children's home and orphanage.

At some subsequent point is was owned by W & T Avery. By the mid-1960s, it was being used as staff college by the British Motor Corporation, and its nationalised successor, British Leyland. It was next used as a business and conference centre.

It was acquired subsequently by Spitfire Bespoke Homes who subdivided and converted it into a number of private residences, completed circa 2018, including thirteen one, two and three-bedroom apartments. An additional nine residences, including three garden villas and five terraced houses, were created in its grounds. The project architects were Lapworth Architects.

 

For any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated sales team enquiries@centraljoinerygroup.co.uk  01283 212142

 

Call us today to take advantage of our free site survey and delivery 

01283 212142